27 February, 2009

A short school day
Hi,
the day starts very strange but cool. I get up like every morning at 6.25am and leave our home at 6.50 am (very late today!). I hope I don't miss the bus. I can run even if I am not good at sport! Our bus starts every day at 7 o' clock am but today, it doesn't arrive at our bus stop. Cindy, Rebekka, I and others from our school stand at the bus stop and we w a i t and w a i t and w a i t. Pupils from the secondary school in Zwoenitz haven't lessons because many teachers in Saxony strike today. Although 70% of the schools in Saxony cancelled classes, we have to attend school. Unfair! It's cold and at 7.35 am I decide to go home. The law says we can go home after 30 min. if a bus doesn't arrive. After I came home, I read the newspaper and decide to stay up because we learned in our German lessons : "Carpe diem!" I tidy up my desk, learn some new English vocabulary and write posts and e-mails for Comenius. Besides, I want to read the websites from our Comenius partners. My big sister is coming to see us this weekend. It's great!
She visits us only one time per month because she has got a job in Bavaria, 500 km far away from my hometown. She proposes me to go shopping in Chemnitz. This takes of course a lot of time and so we are back at 17:45. But I can't go home yet because I see a play from our school theatre group. I will write an article about this in our school magazine. Therefore, I arrive at home only at 19:30. We have dinner and I eat as ever cheese. In the evening I watch the news on ZDF (a German TV channel) and check my e-mails. Besides, I write some posts. I go to bed at 0.45 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment